1. Senior Sales Executive:
Minimum of 2 to 6 years of experience in selling life sciences/healthcare software, databases and consulting products and services
· Bioinformatics, Genomics, Proteomics, LIMS, NGS domain knowledge will be an added advantage.
· Life sciences Education with MBA degree is preferred
· Should have high exposure and proven ability to create marketing plans and execute them efficiently for high ROI
·Deep contacts in the life sciences fields with key decision makers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academic and related industries in global market
· Exceptional client management skills and Good negotiation skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Willingness to travel
The candidate will have primary responsibility to meet and exceed the aggressive annual sales targets for the Bioinformatics and Bio-IT products and consulting services. To achieve this objective, he/she will have to manage and increase the revenues from existing accounts and also open the new sales accounts.. Effective planning, organize and execute sales events (Sales and Marketing Skills) through traditional and social media methods. The candidate should have the ability to close promising sales opportunities in a way which derives maximum value possible for Ocimum (Negotiation Skills).
2. Inside Sales Executive:
• Excellent English communication and presentation skills
• Understanding of Life Sciences domain and software Sales process
• Masters Degree in Science, Bioinformatics or MBA with Under graduation degree in Science are preferred.
• 0 to 4 years experience in Inside Sales/Business Development which includes lead generation, cold calling and supporting field sales personnel in converting leads/prospects to customers in USA/Europe/ROW.
•Experience in liasoning with sales personnel, Business Analysts and marketing departments within the Organization
• Generate Leads or qualify marketing leads generated from conferences, trade shows, web and existing accounts
• Execute lead generation program to increase attendance at upcoming events, conferences, trade shows and to create awareness of LIMS solutions
• Pro-actively cold call and profile target accounts
• Maintenance and updating sales database, setting alarms for follow-up, lead tracking and lead hand-off
• Maintain metrics for call volumes, emails and leads generated
• Work with marketing to build contacts and build target list for marketing campaigns
• Work with Business Analyst team and field sales team to generate new business and building sales pipeline
• Support LIMS Marketing by providing content for brochures, website, white papers, case studies, etc.
• Effective use of Social media – Linkedin, Facebook, Blogs, Google etc, for LIMS promotional activities
• Develop personal knowledge of the science, laboratory processes, business process, SDLC, and technology utilized in Life science and Pharma LIMS targeted markets.
• Required to work in US, Europe or ROW time zones as required.
3. Senior Software Engineer:
Qualification : Any Graduation/ B..Tech/B.E./Master of Computer Applications (M.C.A.)
Experience: 4+ years of industry server-side development experience and delivering industrial strength enterprise software products
Skill set :
Ø Strong knowledge in Java , Servlets, JSP, Java Script, Hibernate and XML.
Ø Good understanding of frameworks like MVC and Spring
Ø Hands on experience with RESTFul web services, AJAX, GWT
Ø Good problem solving and communication skills are added advantage.
Ø Design /Architect different modules of system.
Ø Develop front end layer using frame works like Spring and Struts
Ø Writing high/low level design documents.
Ø Mentoring Junior Developers and interacting with Mangers on a regular basis for project tracking..
Ø Monitoring day-to-day activities of team members and Code-reviews.
Ø Working with business analysts to clarify requirements, research issues and design solutions
Ø Participate in Quality assurance processes.
Apart from the technologies mentioned above you may need to work on other technologies like Servlets, JSP, jBPM, AJAX, GWT and frameworks like MVC and Spring.
4. Sr.Bioinformatics Analyst (NGS):
Experience Required: 3-5 years of experience
No of Positions : Multiple
Qualifications: Candidates with minimum qualification as M.Sc Bioinformatics with 3-5 years of experience in Life sciences R&D or Pharma Industry.
Ph.D candidates with research experience in Bioinformatics with publications in International journal and minimum 2 years of industry experience in clinical genomics will be preferred for this position.
1. Must have basic understanding of molecular biology and Genomics.
2. Experience in application development or must have expertise in programming using either of Perl/Python.
3. Experience in statistical programming using R/Bioconductor/Matlab.
4. Strong concept in statistical and mathematical modelling.
5. Experience in designing and developing the bioinformatics pipeline.
6. Must have minimum 2+ years of hands on experience in NSG data analysis such as RNA-Seq,Exome-Seq ,Chip-Seq and downstream analysis.
7. Knowledge in WGS ,WES, Targeted re-sequencing,GWAS and population genomics will be preferred.
8. Must have experience working on opensource software/Framework and commercial software for NGS data analysis and reporting.
9. Should be aware of handling big data and guiding team members on multiple projects simultaneously.
10. Should have experience coordinating with different groups of clinical research scientist for various project requirements.
11. Ability to work as team as well as independently with minimal support.
5. Business Analyst:
The Pre-Sales Business Analyst is a dedicated resource which reports to Sales whose main purpose is the support and promotion of the LIMS Sales Process. Additionally, the
Pre-Sales Business Analyst is expected to mentor and coordinate the efforts of Business Analysts.
Specific responsibilities include:
1.Maintain and develop in depth personal knowledge of the science, laboratory processes, business processes and technology in Biotracker’s targeted markets.
2.Perform customer needs assessments in order to understand the customer’s laboratory processes, laboratory workflow, business process, instrument integration needs, and systems integration needs.
3.Document customer needs to facilitate configured demonstrations, RFP responses and provide sufficient detail to LIMS Post Sales Business Analysts to derive cost estimates for implementation and customization
4.Develop configured Biotracker demonstration installers and coordinate any customization required for the customer specific demonstration installer with Post Sales Business Analysts and Development staff.
5.Perform live and remote configured demonstrations of Biotracker LIMS
6.Provide technical responses to customer Request for Proposal documents
7.Provide generic/core demonstration training to Sales Directors and Sales Representatives to enable them to perform live and remote First Pass Biotracker demonstrations
8. Support LIMS Marketing by providing content for brochures, white papers, case studies, etc.
9.Support LIMS Development by providing input and suggestions as to how to improve or expand Biotracker LIMS.
10.Support LIMS Sales by providing Subject Matter Expertise with respect to the scientific and technical needs surrounding a LIMS system in our targeted markets.
11.Provide all gathered information including but not limited to; RFP response, SOW, Flow Diagrams, Use Cases, Configured/Customized Demo Installer, Quotes, etc. to Post-Sales upon the securing of the Biotracker Opportunity.
6. Senior Software Engineer (SSE):
Location: Hyderabad, AP, India |Department: BIOIT Department, Ocimum BiosolutionsType: Full Time | Experience: Experienced (4+ years )
No. of Positions: 3
B.Tech/B.E, Master of Computer Applications
Strong knowledge in Core Java, Swing, Hibernate, EJB and XML.
Good understanding of frameworks like MVC.
Hands on in developing Swing based application is mandatory
Exposure to web services
Good problem solving and communication skills are added advantage.
Design /Architect different modules of system.
Develop front end layer using frame works like Spring and Struts.
Writing high/low level design documents.
Mentoring Junior Developers and interacting with Mangers on a regular basis …
We’re always looking for people who think big and dream big – people a lot like you. If you’re ready to discover just how far your talents can take you, we invite you to explore this site.
The first step: Search for a job that matches your profile at Current Opportunities and apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Recruiters review resumes submitted into the database and will be in touch to those that appear most qualified. Due to the volume of submittals, we can’t personally get back to each of you, but will acknowledge receipt of your resume electronically, presuming the submittal is complete.
Ocimum Biosolutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, or disabilities.
Each employee plays an integral role in fulfilling our commitment to deliver total solutions to our customers. Employees and their abilities comprise our fundamental resource.
Our values reflect our philosophy:
- To provide quality service to our customers
- To get the job well done, whether it is a client or internal project
- To provide a pleasant, stimulating work environment for all employees
- To cultivate each employee’s professional growth and advancement within the company
Our Organizational Structure
We are a flat, networked organization, encouraging equal opportunities and openhearted approach towards people and new ideas. Our small, but well-knit teams foster cooperative and open relationships that ensure easy sharing of ideas and a healthy work culture. Innovative use of cutting-edge technologies combines with speed and flexibility in decision making to achieve the ultimate goal of customer satisfaction.
Innovation & Creativity Are in Our Genes
We understand technology, and strive to be better than the best. We look for innovative ways to create more useful and faster products for our customers. Everyday, we find to endless opportunities to improve not just our products, but all our processes as well. Our highly creative and innovative professionals make this possible.
Management By Objectives
At Ocimum Biosolutions, we follow the Management By Objectives (MBO) approach to increase organizational efficacy. Goals and subordinate objectives are aligned throughout the organization, and SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timebound) Objectives formulated on a quarterly basis ensures continual improvement in personal as well as organizational performance.
United We Build!
Ours is a team-based culture, where all individuals work in coordination with their respective teams to produce the best results. Most teams are small and aim at reducing the margin of error, while promoting frequent communication, speed, flexibility, and a fluid development environment.
360 Degree Appraisal
Individual’s performance is evaluated not only by the management and superiors, but also by peers and subordinates. Apart from productivity and skills, this appraisal covers an individual’s soft skills, behavioral traits, attitude, etc.
TRADITION (Training and Development Initiative at Ocimum Biosolutions) is a program that helps employees achieve excellence in their respective fields (through training – internal and external, certification, and higher studies), as well as improve their leadership skills (by imparting training sessions and mentoring new employees). Every employee participates in this program, which is part of the review cycle.
We Appreciate… and Award
At Ocimum, new initiatives, sterling performance, and productivity never go unnoticed or unrewarded. Every three months, individuals compete for several awards, the regular ones being:
- Ocimum Early Bird
- Ocimum Whiz-kid
- Ocimum Gold Coin
Someone To Care… For You
To make sure that new employees do not feel out-of-place, Ocimum Biosolutions has introduced a mentoring scheme. For the first three months at Ocimum, all new employees have mentors, who not only make them feel comfortable in the new environment, but also teach them the Ocimum Culture.
An Employee-Focused Workplace
Ocimum’s location and work environment are those of an ideal employee-focused workplace. Our Hyderabad operations are located in the Heart of the City and are easily commutable. A combination of ambient and task lighting for even and overall illumination, ergonomically positioned workstations that address the physical effects of spending long hours at the computer, and clean and safe work environment are provided to all employees.
Ocimum’s flexi working solutions extend to work hours. Flexi-timings aim at helping employees in balancing life and work.
Parties & Corporate Lunches
At Ocimum, we work hard and party hard. Ocimum has a fun activities committee “The Sunshine Committee” that plans corporate parties and events on a regular basis.
At Ocimum Biosolutions, we value our talented team and our compensation package reflects this. Our benefits are designed to be flexible in nature and far-reaching in scope.
Our India employee benefits package is comprehensive and competitive. It includes:
Ocimum Biosolutions lays great emphasis on maintenance and improvement of the work environment and the overall well being of its employees. Apart from sick leaves, the benefit package at Ocimum Biosolutions includes a group Mediclaim policy, where the company pays 100% of the premiums for each employee. All employees may participate in this policy.
Time off and Vacation
Effective on the date of hire, all employees of Ocimum Biosolutions are eligible to 12 paid days off per year. Paid time off increases with length of service. In addition, employees are entitled to paid leaves in the event of marriage/maternity/paternity/demise in family. The company’s flexible working solutions can include unpaid time off, at the discretion of the management.
All employees at Ocimum Biosolutions are encouraged to improve their performance and skills through training. Apart from promoting on-the-job learning, the company sponsors for job-related external training based on the employees’ performance, previous experience, and education.
All employees are encouraged to take up higher education to evolve themselves. In order to balance their work and education, all employees can avail 5 days paid time off annually for examinations.
Regular Performance Reviews
At Ocimum Biosolutions, pay hikes for all employees are based on performance reviews conducted annually.
All employees receive monthly food subsidies.
[tabby title="CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES"]